If you own a small business, you may need tools to help you manage your projects on a tight budget. Fortunately, there are several collaboration tools that allow you to do this. In this article, we will take a closer look at Zoho WorkDrive cloud storage.
The functionality of online collaboration tools
There are many handy tools for online collaboration today. Most of them were created for designers and programmers, but as more and more people prefer to work from home, it was clear that similar services should soon appear for representatives of other specialties. Today, almost any freelancer, in whatever field he or she works, can find a suitable online platform to collaborate with their colleagues. Many of these services are completely free, and in some, in order to get started, you don’t even need to register, which is very convenient.
With online collaboration tools, you can share ideas, create a wide variety of content, plan, design, and brainstorm. FreelanceToday brings you a selection of 5 collaboration sites.
There is a lot of discussion around the vocabulary definition of collaboration software. However, the simplest and most memorable of these is “a tool that allows people to work together on projects or joint tasks.” The included tools, such as messaging and file sharing apps, allow users to interact easily to avoid confusion.
A quality software product should ensure that you improve functions such as information dissemination and coordination. The overall goal is to improve teamwork to the point where it has a positive impact on productivity and productivity.
Competition in the market for file storage and synchronization services is very tough. Prices tend to zero, volumes of cloud space – to infinity. Support for all platforms is no longer a competitive advantage, but a prerequisite.
Zoho WorkDrive is a leader among cloud storage services. It is a tool for organizing effective teamwork on projects or for daily activities. Zoho has renamed its free document service from Zoho Docs to WorkDrive. WorkDrive is primarily file storage and synchronization service.
The main functions of the service include:
- the system allows you to quickly establish communication between team members, plan activities, distribute tasks and control the result;
- the section includes CRM, mail services, instant messengers, task management systems, time trackers, generators of reports and documents, as well as much more;
- it also has document editors;
- synchronization takes place between the cloud, desktop client, mobile applications for iOS and Android. And, as the name suggests, the service is focused on collaboration – it allows you to create and share work folders for projects or teams;
- Offline mode is now available in the Zoho Writer text editor. Now, if the Internet disappears, you can still open and edit your documents, create new ones;
- the new Zoho Writer has 3 working modes: Compose, Review and Distribute. Each mode provides only those tools that are needed at this stage;
- Zoho has added sync capability to its cloud-based document storage. So far, they have released only agents for desktops (Windows, Mac, Linux) but promise to soon cover mobile platforms as well.
Advantages of Zoho WorkDrive cloud storage systems
There are the following benefits:
- Stable and fast software operation.
- Reliable data protection. All information is stored outside the company, namely – on virtual servers.
- Cost reduction. With clouds, you do not need to spend on the purchase of powerful IT equipment, its upgrade, and replacement.
- You can work with the CRM system anywhere and anytime, and no access to high-power equipment is required to access the software.